Making a home-made pocket knife is not as hard as you think. Read up to know how to make a pocket knife!
1. You will need a piece of snakeskin damascus steel. You derive the blade from this bar.
2. You will also need a .100 titanium material. You will use this as a liner of the knife. You will also need a pattern for the knife.Then use the pattern to draw 2 pocket knife liners on the titanium sheet. Cut two liners and a blade from the titanium sheet. The blade should be ¼ inch shorter than the liners.
3. Install the blade using a male-female type pivot screw. The pivot should be placed around 3/8 inches from the tang end of your blade. Once you have drilled the blade hole, line the blade up on the frame and then drill the frame hole.
4. Now, install the stop pin. You can use a screw to do this.
5. Insert a small piece of G-10 into the vise. This will be used as butt piece spacer.
6. You need to profile and ground the blade and then proceed with heat treatment. You need to place he coated blade into an orange-hot oven.
7. Now, it is time to clean the blade and assemble the parts. You also need to etch the blade using ferric chloride and then clean it up using 600 grit sand paper.
8. Assemble the parts and make sure that the frame is properly contoured. Drill a hole into the blade using a diamond grill.
If you need more Detail, Here’s a video that will show you another method of making a pocket knife.