Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Follow Up

Sherman Oaks, California

My post about refusing to answer the questions posed by Customs and Border Protection officers has engendered a lengthy discussion on FlyerTalk (186 replies at last count).

I don't know what amazes me more: that some people who understand the issue are willing to waive their rights in return for minor conveniences (such as clearing CBP checkpoints quickly), or that some people knuckle under to authority and feel righteous about doing so.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael P. Manti said...

I'm actually impressed that a lot of the FlyerTalk commenters were supportive. I would have expected more knee-jerk criticism of you and support for the authorities.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous roverny said...

Funny I don't understand why one would make such a big fuss just to prove that he's right. You said it's about power before, this episode makes me question who is the one that feels they need to have the power...

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home