Saturday, September 06, 2008

Molar Madness: Hospital Admission

Bangkok, Thailand

Tick, tock, tick.

I'm sitting in my hospital room, watching the clock slowly run down. I was admitted at noon for a 6 p.m. surgery. So, for now, I wait.

Points:

-- I paid for the operation in advance. The hospital put a charge of 85,000 baht (US$2,575) on my credit card.

-- Most of the paperwork has my photograph on the top. The white plastic hospital wristband also has my photo on it.

-- The hospital room is better than many hotel rooms. The bathroom is large , with marble; it has a shower, not a tub. There's a sofa, a lounge chair and a patio. The minibar has fruit juices and sodas, no alcohol. Three room service menus are on the counter. There's a fair amount of cabinet and drawer space, but no closet as such. Three large complimentary bottles of water don't do me any good, since I'm under orders not to eat or drink anything after admission. The TV has about 40 channels and a DVD player.

-- I'm blogging on my new Asus eee PC 901. More on that later.

-- I made urine for the nurse. I felt very productive.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the doctors names. I have been interested in going to Bumrungrad but did not like the idea of going and not being able to choose a specific doctor. can you choose a doctor or dentist or do you get assigned to "next up"

12:12 AM  
Blogger Paul Karl Lukacs said...

You can select your own doctor.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home