Thursday, April 17, 2008

Overheard: The Sushi Bar


Sherman Oaks, California

Fat Man In Hawaiian Shirt: I’ll have the all you can eat and start with three Spanish mackerel.

Sushi Chef: Only one Spanish mackerel with all you can eat.

Man: I was told it was unlimited Spanish mackerel.

Chef: One Spanish mackerel.

Man: The guy said it was unlimited for dinner.

Chef: (silence)

Man: Let me speak to the owner.

(pause)

Owner: Yes?

Man: I was told that it was unlimited Spanish mackerel for dinner.

Owner: No. One Spanish mackerel. Who told you?

Man: The guy.

(pause)

Owner: One Spanish mackerel with all you can eat dinner.

Man: I come here all the time. It’s unlimited Spanish mackerel for dinner. You’re going to lose a customer. I’m here two or three times a week.

Owner: One Spanish mackerel with all you can eat dinner.

(pause)

Man: I’ll have one Spanish mackerel please.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger cpizzello said...

That little dialogue interlude is worthy of David Mamet...

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home