Friday, March 28, 2008

Note To Self: Avoid Chinese Embassy In Islamabad


Sherman Oaks, California

Joel Carillet discovered that the line for visas at the Chinese Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan, forms at 4 a.m. and, if you're lucky, you will only have to wake up early and wait a few days in a row. Joel, who needed to be in China the next day, took evasive action . . . .

Pictured: The audience attending the International Women's Day festivities at the Chinese Embassy in Islamabad on March 8, 2008. Hey, it's the only photo of the building I could find.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous another Firm lawyer said...

um, that's really random. how'd you come across that posting?

sitting in Beijing, I'm left wondering "is it really that hard to get here?" I've had friends in Asian countries (Indian and points West) tell me that even with an American Passport getting a China visa takes and obscene amount of time and effort.

It's not that I didn't believe them; it's more like I was left wondering: Why???

In the USA and South East Asian countries (like, Thailand) the Chinese visa process easy breezy cheezy. I guess this sheds some light on what my friends are trying to tell me.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home