Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Is Obama The Master?


Sherman Oaks, California

The internet rumblings about whether Barack Obama is a Manchurian candidate programmed in an Indonesian madrassa to usurp the U.S. government in the name of Islam are off the mark. The real question is whether Obama is The Master, the evil timelord from the BBC science fiction program Doctor Who.

In the series three episode "The Sound of Drums," medical student Martha Jones explains the appeal of newly installed British prime minister Harold Saxon (pictured) who is, spoiler alert, The Master in disguise.

The Doctor: The Master was always sort of hypnotic, but this is on a massive scale.

Martha Jones: I was going to vote for him.

The Doctor: Really.

Martha Jones: Well, it was before I even met you. And I liked him.

The Doctor: Why do you say that? What was his policy? What's he stand for?

Martha Jones: I don't know. He always sounded good, like you could trust him. Just nice. He spoke about -- I can't really remember, but it was good. Just the sound of his voice.

Spooky.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well spotted.

And I think Hillary might be a Dalek: "Exterminate. Exterminate. The Clintons are the superior candidates. We shall prevail. Exterminate."

4:51 PM  
Anonymous FatManAfterDark said...

I actually posted about this independent of knowing about this post recently on a message board. Spooky.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Lois said...

Ironically enough, I was looking for that quote from The Sound of Drums as a commentary on who (most likely) got elected tonight. Great minds think alike.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. I thought the exact same thing and decided to google it. Good one OP.

So I'm not crazy after all.

Coincidentally McCain looks like Palpatine from Star Wars.

Just a whole lot older.
XD

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home