Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Insane Alcohol Regulation Meets Global Baseball

Hong Kong, China

Some bluenoses in the U.S. government are threatening Red Sox pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka because the Japanese national filmed a beer commercial, to be broadcast in Japan only, in which he is seen sipping beer -- a no-no for U.S. alcohol ads. Here's the Boston Herald report, and here's the Volokh Conspiracy discussion in the legal issues.

Now do you see why I prefer the live-and-let-live cultures of Asia?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jay said...

My only problem with this is the attempt to apply the rule extraterritorially.

I like playing around in the cultures of Asia but I much prefer the American culture. As long as I know I've got America to go home to, I'm ok.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home