Saturday, April 15, 2006

DMV

I love the DMV. Despite its reputation, the California Department of Motor Vehicles has been pleasant and efficient. Would that every government agency worked as well.

The DMV web page allows you to sign up for an appointment at the branch of your choice. When you arrive, you get into a small line of people with appointments and avoid the enormous line of people without. You fill out the proper form, get called to a window, conduct your business and leave. The whole thing takes about 40 minutes. And there’s a large portrait of Governor Schwarzenegger watching over you the entire time.

Thus far, I have had to conduct three separate DMV transactions. First, I obtained a California Identification Card to use as a back-up government-issued photo ID. Second, I updated my Drivers License photo, so customs and border officials would see a bland thirtysomething businessman in a suit instead of a long-haired 24-year-old in a hideous rugby shirt. Third, I paid off my car and received the title in less than two weeks.

DMV. Better than Passport Services!

1 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

Oh yeah. I just got my renewed license and I just dont complain at all. Way to go DMV California !

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home